I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Flower Box Cats and Green Romance

I have two projects currently underway.  I have made some progress with the Flower Box Cats. 


I'm working it on 18 count aida so it takes a lot of stitches to show any progress.  I've got half of the double window and most of the two kittens done.  They lack their eyes and outlining stitching.  The pink is the beginning of the flower box. 

I'm also working on a quilt.  It's going to be a smallish one-- a lap quilt size, 40 x 58 before the border.   This is only the 2nd quilt I've ever made.  The first is still a UFO since I can't decide on what kind of border to put on it.  Usually I do small wallhangings with the urge strikes since I'm such a novice at this. 

This one is from an old magazine ( Quilts and More, Summer 2006) and was called Red Romance as it was done in reds featuring a red toile.  I had a length of green toile and lots of green in the stash so Green Romance it was.


The picture is a little out of focus and doesn't do it justice but you get the general idea.  I still have three more rows and sashings to go. I've got the border piced out but am trying to think what kind of design to quilt it in. Plenty of time for that though.  Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it next weekend as this week looks awfully busy and I use the evenings for hand stitching. 

Happy stitching!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment