Years ago I got 4+ yards of this fabric at a thrift shop. I tried to make a top of it but botched up the cutting so badly I abandoned the project. Fast forward several years and a little more experience and knowledge and cutting out wasn't so difficult with great care and lots of pinning. No sliding, shifting or distortion. The last New Look I stitched up was a size 16 and ended up too small to wear. I wanted this to be loose and flowing, so I cut a size 18.
I used French seams through out, even the arm scye. The bias binding at the neck was just too narrow for my machine to I just turned it under and slip stitched by hand.
The next project is a little more masculine and difficult for me. Happy stitching.