First up on the agenda was a top, Burda 6969. This a loose flowing scoop-neck top with a key-hole in the front neckline. I've made it once before as a dress and found it very comfortable for summer wear.
I cut the front and the back on the fold and omitted the keyhole as the top is low enough the keyhole would just be flashing the girls. Who needs that at this age?
I cut a size 16 neck and a size 18 hip. The shoulder straps were also shortened by 1/2 inch as they constantly fall down on the dress--the only thing I hate about it.
The back looks just like the front only slightly higher at the neckline. The fabric was a poly-charmuese from Joann's. I fell in love with the colors and the feel of the fabric. I figure this top can be dressed up or down--worn tucked in with skirt/dress slacks or loose with blue jeans.
I'm really pleased with how smoothly the bias binding turned out. Usually I have to really work with it to keep twists from forming. The sewing machine just really liked this fabric.
So Piece #1 is done. Now to review it on Pattern Review. I actually have Pieces #2, 3, and 4 done as well. Those will be shared with you in the coming days. I'm working with shades of tan/gold and blue with bits of brown. It sounds disjointed, but actually works well together. Most of it is coming from stash too so that's an extra plus.
Next up, Butterick 5429. Happy sewing.