I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Butterick 5429-- The Twist Top

the next item in the Spring Wardrobe Capsule is Butterick 5429. I believe this is out of print now.

h

I made the short-sleeved twist top.  The neat thing about this twist top is that the twist is above the bust, not at the waist or bust as is usual.  This sounds like it would cause a heavy neckline and gaping, but it doesn't.  In the lightweight ITY knit I used (from Fabric.com), it hugs nicely against the chest and doesn't fly open.


When I read the reviews on Pattern Review, they all said it ran huge.  My pattern only went down to a size 16, so I graded down to a size 14.  The instructions were really easy; the twist was the easiest one I've ever seen.  The pictures made it so clear. It went together nice and easy and quickly.  I can see making another of these. It comes in a long sleeve, too.   More coming soon.  Happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment