I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Floral Voile Skirt-- Butterick 4811

I found this beautiful embroidered voile on Fabric Mart and just had to have it for a long, flowing skirt.



The picture doesn't really do the fabric justice.  It's white, pink and  peach, with tan embroidery.  Just lovely stuff.   Here it is in a blue colorway.

I used Butterick 4811 now Out Of Print.


 
I used a size 22 and moved the back zipper to the side so accommodate my fabric limitations.  I also trimmed 4 inches from the hem; partly because it was too long, and partly because I didn't have enough fabric. 

The voile stitched like a dream.  I used a plain white voile for a lining; the embroidered stuff is very sheer.  I love wearing this during our warmer days and it was an easy sew. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your skirt and the pattern you used. I think I nave the pattern in stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful fabric and skirt . I have a couple of skirts made from embroidered fabric - they always seem a bit more special.

    ReplyDelete