I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Saturday, May 19, 2018

A Lace Tunic -- Simplicity 8016

There are so many cute lace tunics out there, I finally decided it was time to make one!  Simplicity 8016 was in my pattern stash and it even shows view A as a lace tunic!  The black stretch lace (from Fabric Mart)  was already in my stash, too.  A plan was in motion.



The pattern has lots of sizing options ranging from XXS to XXL in one envelope--I made the size XL. I didn't care for where the sleeve ended so I borrowed the lower sleeve band from View D.  Folding it over and tapering it made it the perfect length.




The neckline is finished with very narrow black bias binding.  I like the neat finish it gives the neck.  I used the same bias binding for the hem treatment, too.




I love how it looks with different colored camisoles under it.  This turquoise is my favorite.  I really like it with my black one, too.  This was such an easy project.  I'll definitely be looking at this pattern again!  So many cute tops in it!






4 comments:

  1. Oh, a lace tunic is a good idea. It will dress up anything at short notice! Would be very handy to take away so you can go from day to night in a flash! Must take a leaf out of your sewing book. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely with the blue underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fashion Write For UsAugust 17, 2020 at 2:27 AM

    Hey! Like the Interesting outfit. Keep posting such good content and visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete