I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Work on the Floral Block Continues.

I'm still working on the Crazy Quilt Floral Block.  Here's another unit that's finished:

The center motif is an applique.  The seam on the left side is fly stitch with French knots.  The seam on the right is herringbone with pearl beads.  Above you can see a peek of lace with buttonhole stitch, sequins anchored by seed beads, and the lace is topped off with chain stitch.

The center unit is still giving me fits.  I've sewn a motif there, but it's crying out for more.  So more thought into that one and some seam treatments on one more unit and it's done.

Quilting:  I've started on the stars for the Friendship Stars Quilt from Craftsy.  So many half-square triangles to cut and press and square up before I can even begin sewing with them!  Goodness!  That got tedious quick.  Now I'm sewing again so all is good.

Garment sewing:  Miss this so much.  I'm nearly to the end of my quilt thread bobbin.  May take the opportunity to switch out threads and stitch up that dress.  It's a fairly quick sew and would keep me  and my sewing "fresh".  I'm also in need of a finished project and this would provide that.

'til next time!
Cathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment