I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

A New Dress--New Look 6298

I took a break from the quilting to get a little garment sewing in.  Just a quick little something that I had already cut out as part of a mini-wardrobe I had set for myself last fall.  I got the skirt and 2 tops done, but the dress. skirt and jacket are still on the top of my pattern cabinet cut and ready to go.  Waiting.....  

I got to a good breaking point in the quilt process and decided to pick up this dress again, New Look 6298.




It's a simple knit sheath dress made in a Liverpool double knit from Fabric.com, I believe.  I cut a size 18 neck & shoulders, a 20 bust, waist and hip.  I also added 3 inches so it would come to mid-knee on me.  My last version of this bears far too much thigh for my age and size.



Photobombed by the cat, Fritzi, making a rare appearance.  The double knit is such a pleasure to work with -- it just hums under the machine. The pattern is an easy one too with raglan sleeves that sews up quickly




I have a off-white jacket that looks great with this.  I forgot to "style it" for the photos.  


In Crazy Quilt News:  I've started on a new block.  Here's my blank slate:




Quilty news:  I finished both the inner border and the outer pieced border.  Got my batting tonight at Joann's but couldn't find the 505 spray recommended by class.  Will check at Wally World tomorrow and if that's a no go I'll order on line I guess.  

In the meantime, I'll be working on the skirt I had cut out, Simplicity 1760.


No comments:

Post a Comment