I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Simplicity 8138 and Shopping

I'm not posting much but I am sewing.  Simplicity 8138 seems to be out of print. This surprises me because the tunic was rather popular and its  copyright date is only 2016.  Oh well, here's a picture:


I made the pants instead of the tunic because I had some lovely linen that cried out to be some long-coveted linen slacks.  These were so super easy to do.  They have slanted pockets with a yoke and an elasticized waistband.  I like the somewhat fuller leg on this.  Skinny jeans/pants make me look rather like a lollipop


I cut a size 22 and made some alterations.  I have a full butt so I cut the crotch a little deeper, extended the inseam at the crotch about ½ inch and added 3/4 inch to center back seam.  The center front was way too tall on me so I ended up removing 1½ at center front top tapering to 0 at the side seams and ½ inch at the front crotch.  Does this mean I have a tilted pelvis?


I love these pants!  They are oh so comfortable to wear!  Granted, they're linen so they wrinkle like a fiend but they're a classis for a reason.  They feel fabulous and look great even with the wrinkles.  I may have to make another pair next summer.  It's time to think fall now. 

Joann's had Simplicity patterns on sale for this weekend and I had quite a few on my wish list.  Here's what I came home with:


Lots of  patterns for Elaina, the granddaughter-to-be, who's due to join us in November.  I'm currently working on a crib quilt for her for the baby shower.  I was thinking a sprinkling of handmade outfits and sleepwear would be nice, too, after the shower while we await her arrival.  I think I'll get good use of the patterns--they go up to size 18 months most of them.  And they're so cute!

Well, back to the quilt so I can get it done in time for the shower in late September.






No comments:

Post a Comment