I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Burda 6761, The Cotton/Linen Top

I finally got all my ducks in a row to do a post on  this top.  I used Burda 6761, a cute little pullover top with a gathered peplum and 3/4 sleeves.

 
I used the cotton/linen voile that I got from Fabric Mart.  It went on sale right after I bought it.  Darn it all but I just had to have it. The print just called out to me.
 
 
The peplum doesn't go all the way around, it ends at the front sides forming the front darts; ingenious.  This also leaves the front flat which is flattering to everyone while the peplum hides all kinds of fluffy.  I used the size 18 (44) and it fit well with no alterations.
 

The back has a slit with a button/loop closure but the neckline is plenty roomy enough to make this a pullover.  The pattern is rated as easy and it really is but you do need to follow the directions as they don't go in the usual fashion.  The darts and the side front seams are one and are done after the application of the peplum.  It sounds strange but makes sense in the pictures.  Fancy that! Burda directions and pictures making sense!

It's a great little top that whipped up in no time.  I just love it and know it will get lots of wear. Happy stitching!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment