I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

More Leggings --Simplicity 1280 Again.

I'm really enjoying my black leggings; and decided another pair was in order.  I had this maroon double knit in the stash that I thought would work nicely.




The double knit is a little lighter in weight than the scuba of the last pair.  I think they worked up a little bit looser than the black pair.  Once again, I used an XL waist and hip, then graded the leg and ankle to a Medium.

There was too way too much fabric in the front rise and I removed 2 inches.  The first inch was planned from last working this up last time, but ended up needing a second inch removed to keep it at my waist.  The hem line was also shortened 2 inches. 


These are so comfy to wear.  Although burgundy may sound like an odd color to choose, I have a couple of winter tops and spring/summer tops that go with this color.  So they're going to get some wear!

Hubs and I are going camping soon, so some active wear is on the agenda next.  Happy sewing!

5 comments:

  1. These thicker knits in leggings work nicely - more like slim pants. I like the burgundy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz. I find these leggings so comfortable to wear.

      Delete
  2. I like burgundy too and don't think it's an odd color. You did a really nice job with them too. I will be hosting the Tops That Pop Sewalong again this month and really hope that you will join again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how exciting you'll be hosting the event again! I'm definitely going to be participating.

      Delete
  3. Fashion Write For UsAugust 17, 2020 at 2:29 AM

    Hey! Love the beautiful design and the color of the outfit. Keep posting Such good Work and visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete