I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Monday, April 29, 2019

Vacay, Shingles, and a Missing Mojo

For once, I'm missing in action due to being absent and having little to report sewing-wise.  But I can catch you up on what's been happening in my corner of Kentucky this past month.  First, we went on a short vacay to Texas to see Hubs mom.  She's in her 80s and beginning to have health problems but remains very independent with a great support system down there.  Daughter #1 and her family flew in and joined us for a few days.  A few pics of the trip:

Daughter and her family.

The Grands up to shenanigans.

Grandma and The Grands at Blue Bell Creamery.


We were lucky to arrive in time for the bluebonnet show. I just love them!


I needed a small hand project for the 2-day drive to and from Texas.  I found this cute little piece in the closet.  It was a gift from a very dear lady many years ago.


                    Between driving, navigating and just plain gawking, I got a little done on it.


When we got back, I broke out into a rash that quickly revealed itself to be shingles.  Oh dear god, this stuff is pure misery!  Itching, burning, weird tingling, and pain. It's enough to drive you insane.   I'm in the healing stage now but still itching.  Needless to say,  there's been no sewing mojo to be had.  All my energy had been devoted to not scratching.  I have so many projects in the works too:  
the Friendship Quilt needs quilting, the skirt just needs a zipper and hem,  the crazy quilt block needs some attention, and now I've started the Rejoicing Angels.  Hopefully, as the itching resolves I'll be able to pick up the sewing again.  Moral of the story:  50 and ups, get your Shingles shot!

Til later,
         Cathy


3 comments:

  1. I hope your shingles soon goes away. It's not much fun. I had it once. Over time your mojo will return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah Liz. Already on the mend, just itching remains. Really miss your posts. Hope you're okay and arthritis is behaving.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your such kind comment on my blog. You really did help make my day. I hope the shingles has fully recovered. My mother has had several bouts and my two elder daughters have also suffered from this. In Australia the government subsidises a free shingles vaccine for over 70s which is good because they are over $200 to buy.

    ReplyDelete