I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Friday, June 21, 2019

The Denim Skirt--Simplicity 1760

I am finally getting around to posting this skirt,  Simplicity 1760.

This was a fun project to put together.  It started out as part of a mini-wardrobe and has been cut out for ages.  It's turn to get sewn came around at last.  Please forgive all the wrinkles, I'd been running around all day but was determined to get these photos before end of day.  (Got them just before sunset.)  


I love the curved seams on the front and the contour waistband, which makes it so comfortable to wear.  I topstitched the waistband seam and the front "princess" seams in gold jeans thread to make the seaming stand out.  


On the inside of the waistband I finished the facing with pink bias binding and a specialty stitch . It's my own private little treat.  


The skirt is made of light- to mid-weight denim that I've forgotten where or when I got it.  I love how easily cottons sew up.    The pattern itself was easy to follow along, pictures helpful, and directions were good.  I think a beginner with a few skills under their belt could easily tackle this.  It also has a back zipper and vent.  The pattern has several different views to choose from.  This one in particular, I think, lends itself to creative interpretation from decorative topstitching to color-blocking. 
I think it's a real winner but is out of print, unfortunately.  I did find it available on Etsy and Ebay, if you're interested.  




2 comments:

  1. I like your skirt!! I love that you used deco stitches there as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink bias binding, secret details are the best!

    ReplyDelete