I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Off The Grid and Christmas Table Topper

It's been forever, I know, since I've last posted.  I've had some health issues for the past 3 months that have left me with little time or energy for anything else.  I won't get into details about it, but they are now resolving and I have since regained my energy and returned to work and pursuit of interests.   It's time to catch you up on some of my projects that I have wrapped up in the last couple of weeks.

I finally finished my Christmas Table Runner this week.  I started it before Christmas, but was unable to finish it in time to use it this year.  Oh well,  it's ready for next year.  :)



There was no pattern for this project.  I used a video tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Co.





It uses a special wedge type ruler to make the trees.  You can get 2 trees from each 10" square.  I used a layer cake (a stack of 10" pre-cut squares) from Benartex's Cat-I-Tude Christmas line. I still have lots of squares left and may make some placemats for Christmas gifts this coming year.  This is such a beautiful line of fabrics.



This was such an easy project to do.  The wedge-shaped ruler made this such a quickly cut out project.  The only other shapes you need are the white rectangles and the tree stumps. This would be a great project for a beginner quilter.  



For the quilting, I used the serpentine stitch on my machine in rows about an inch apart.  I think it came out very nicely and again, was quite easy--just follow the spacing guide, a bar that inserts into the foot of the machine.  (A standard piece that comes with most machines.)

I'm very pleased with the runner.  It was a fun project and I think I'll enjoy using the rest of the squares later this year.   I promise I'll post again soon.  I have other finishes to share and have a couple of projects in the works. 

1 comment:

  1. Fashion Write For UsAugust 17, 2020 at 2:15 AM

    Hey! Like the interesting post of yours. Keep up the good work and visit Fashion Write For Us

    ReplyDelete