I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Vogue 9128

It's been so long since I've updated the blog.  There is a little sewing going on.  Just no time to blog about it.  Unlike so many others who are stranded at home, I'm an essential employee who's been working overtime in a pharmacy.  Starting next month, though, the budget requires the annual summer cuts.  I'll only be working 4 days a week so I'll have much more sewing time.  Yay!

Onto the review of the Vogue top-- Vogue 9128.

.
This is a Very Easy Vogue pattern and it lives up to its title.  A confident beginner could do this using a little care with the curved seams.  I like how the front J seams give the waist a bit of shape while the peplum flares out over the hips.



It's sewn in a size 20 and it fits nicely except in the neckline.  I should have narrowed that slightly as it gapes a little bit.  This doesn't really show when I wear it, but I'm aware of it and for some reason it disproportionately bothers me.  I think if I make it again,  I'll use  a heavier ITY or lightweight ponte.  Something with a little heft/body but still drapes well and tighten up that neckline.  I used a rather lightweight ITY from Cali Fabrics for this one.  

I also used my Teflon foot to sew this and it just glided over the fabric.  No ruffling or waves--even on the narrow hem.  Just love this foot for knits!

In Quilty News,  I finished piecing the Pat Sloan April Quilt Along quilt.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.   Now to quilt it for hanging in July!




I've got a couple of  Simplicity makes to share next.  I can definitely say it won't take 6 weeks to post them!   Well, it's a lovely day out there for a change, so we're driving down to see Daughter #1 and her family for the first time in 8 weeks.  I do miss them all so much, especially those two grandsons!
Hopefully everyone gets some sewing in on this long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a beautiful quilt, and your top - I love the blue and it looks so good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete