I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter and a Quilty Update






Happy Easter everyone!  I hope you all have a very blessed day.  Here in Kentucky, we're having a very quiet day in the wake of Covid-19 and social distancing.  I listened to a service on the radio while I worked on some sewing.  The family has exchanged good tidings and photos of grandchildren  celebrating Easter in their own quiet way this year.  Usually we have a big, rowdy get-together with everyone after church with a big egg hunt and an even bigger dinner and games.Maybe next year.   I hope you have a lovely Easter in your own way, too.

In sewing news, I took last week off as sewcation.  It was supposed to be camping, but they shut down where we were planning to go, so we stayed home.  Hubs has been home for 6 weeks now (he's a high school teacher) so it pleased him to have company for a while.

Friendship Stars Quilt:


 This is finally finished.  I just quilted in the ditch, nothing fancy on this one.  I just wanted to get it done, it had been lingering around so long.  Sorry for the awful couch picture, but it's raining here so no pretty outdoor shot.  


Pat Sloan's "Stay at Home" Quilt along:                                                                                                            


Pat Sloan is hosting a Quilt Along for the month of April.  It's a simple snowball block with sashing and cornerstones.  She's using novelty prints for hers, and doing the sashing as she goes.   I'm using red and blue blocks, solid red cornerstones, and white sashing for mine.  Very patriotic.  I'm using a variety of  red prints so I'm assembling all the blocks first, then I'll so the sashing.  By sewing 2 blocks a day, I keep up easily and will still have time before the end of the month to do the sashings.  


"Pocket of Tonals" quilt kit:     

I got this kit a few months ago from Connecting Threads.  This is what the finished product is supposed to look like:

                                                         

I'm making good progress now, doing 2 blocks a day.  Here's what I've got going so far:                      


I've only got 4 more blocks to do then things will go slower with the tiny piecing of the sashings.
I'm quite pleased with the progress so far and just love the colors.  
                       

Now don't think I've forgotten to do any garment sewing.  I have a Vogue top and a duster to share with you.

Enjoy your Easter and I hope you get to sew today, too.


1 comment: