I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Friday, April 8, 2016

Denim Slacks-- Vogue 8157

Vogue 8157 is on out of print oldie but goodie.  This is part of the Spring Wardrobe.  I got 8 pieces done before the deadline then stalled out on a dress.  Still working on the dress.  But back to the pants. 


I love the wide contour waistband that wraps around part of the waist.  It's an easy pattern as well. 


I used a denim with lycra blend from Denver Fabrics that's been in the stash for years.  It's a medium weight with good recovery but wasn't so thick that there was any difficulty in sewing over seams.  No topstitching was involved and I serged all the seams. Very easy peasy.


Encouraged by the fit of the last pair of pants, I cut a size 18 again.  I did do a full thigh adjustment but in hindsight and pictures, I see that this was probably not necessary as these slacks are not very snug.  The mock-fly construction is odd, but I finally figured out something out that worked. 


Not as many wrinkles in the back with this pair as with last pair and a good fit in the seat. Maybe that full thigh adjustment worked after all.   These are so comfortable to wear.   The top is McCall's 6964.  Review coming soon.   Happy sewing all.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment