I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Monday, October 10, 2016

My Favorite Shirt---Butterick 6026

I know it's fall, but I'm still wrapping up summer sewing posts.  One more post and then I'll be all caught up and can launch the autumn sewing I've been doing.   This shirt has been my all-time favorite from the moment it got off the machine.  As soon as I saw Butterick 6026 it was love.  All those wonderful pintucks giving interest at the face and shaping at the waist!

I don't usually care for the Katherine or Marci Tilton aesthetic but this pattern really called out to me.   I didn't sew it up until just recently.  There were other things in the way.   Other projects...


Alright, I admit it.  Those very same pintucks I loved were intimidating.  They were so big and obvious.  What if I messed them up?  I shouldn't have feared so.  The pattern is rated as easy and I used the seam gauge foot that came with my new machine.


Those pintucks were easy peasy and came out great if I say so myself.  I love how these at the collar help frame the face.


I cut a size 18 at the neck and bust then a size 20 at the hip.  A lightweight denim from Joann's was used.  It's very soft and pliant.  (It needs a good pressing in the photos because I'd been wearing it but can never get a photographer!)  The only question I had with the instructions is where they want the sewer to invisible stitch the front facing.  What?  So  I just folded over the facing and pressed like I've done with other shirts.   The buttons and buttonholes anchor it closed.


Don't you love how it curves and gives you a waist?  This shirt is so comfortable I wear it all the time.  It just gets softer and more comfortable with the washing as denim does.  So far no fading.  The fit is perfect at the bust and hip.   I will definitely be making this again  in the long-sleeved version.  Then I'd have a perfect winter and summer top.  Swoon!

Happy Sewing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment