I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fabric Stash


I just inventoried my fabric and goodness gracious!  It's grown!  How did this happen?  I was supposed to be on a fabric fast.  But then there were all those wonderful sales of wonderful fabric.  I have such plans for it all, too!  Almost all of it was purchased with a plan.  It's not going to languish long.  The last two months I've been heinously bad.  But Christmas is coming up so I'm motivated to be good now.  No more buying and must really sew these projects up. 

Lord knows I have enough patterns to choose from....I inventoried those too.   There is a plan.  I'm in the middle of sewing a top now.  Next up is an apron for youngest daughter as a housewarming gift.  Then, it's jacket time.  I have plans for 3 jackets and two of them are some of my bulkiest fabric recently acquired.  If I can get these items knocked out it will be accomplishing quite a bit.



Fabric stash.  I don't want it to go away.  It inspires me.  It comforts me.  It's like my books--I like knowing its there.  It's not as big as many people have but I have limited space to store it and it's exceeding that space at present.  It also makes me feel a little wasteful and hoarding having so much.  So I just need to sew up some of it to regain my comfort zone.

Maybe its time to do those curtains, too.  That's a lot of yardage....

What about you?  Do you have a stash and how do you feel about it?  Happy sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment