I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Done At Last--Vogue 9205


Vogue 9205 is a cute little top that supposed to be a Very Easy Vogue.  That implies quick to me.  Doesn't it to you?  I had a few hiccups along the way.  First, I stitched those pleats in like darts.  No wonder it looked so flat and lack-luster.  So I had to pick all that out and re-sew it.  They look good now that they're done properly.


Then I got interrupted by need now sewing first for the concert, then for Cancer Awareness Days at work.  

Once I got back to it, this top just flew together. I made a size XL based on the finished measurements and did make a few alterations to it:
     * Shortened the waist at the line indicated by 1 inch.
     * Narrowed the shoulders 3/4 inch.
     * Shortened the sleeve 1/2 inch at the hem.



The fabric is a nice wool/lycra blend from Fabric Mart.  I found that it tolerated gentle machine wash and flat dry very well.  I have some in orange, too;  I thought these might be nice for hiking as a base layer.  This one may have come out too cute to use for that.  😁



The next time I make this,  and there will be a next time,  I'll make it a size smaller and shorten it some more so it will be a more fitted top.  Right now, I'm enjoying the loose, tunic feel of this one.  It's just right for cooler spring days. 

2 comments:

  1. You did such a nice job! That pattern has been in my stash but I've never sewn it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice top - you can never have too many of these basics. Like you, I always do a wash performance analysis as well.

    ReplyDelete