I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

For Cancer Awareness--McCall's 6964

I mentioned in the last post that I had some need to sewing to do before I could finish my Vogue top.  One of my co-workers, a very young lady under 30, was recently diagnosed with an aggressive Stage 4 breast cancer with metastasis to the bone.  Her prognosis is bleak but her outlook is so bright and strong.  She's always been an amazing lady but now she's truly inspirational, too.
As a show of support, the whole store is wearing pink and jeans on Fridays--even the guys.  I never noticed it until now, but for some reason I have absolutely no pink in my wardrobe.  Nada.  I needed a top, quick.  I ordered some pink tencel rayon knit, not knowing exactly what it was but that it was recommended for Tshirts and was a pretty shade of pink.  Got it and it's so thin! and clingy!  I wasn't so sure about this but proceeded.

I've made up McCall's 6964 before, and most likely will again.  It's a very straight forward Tshirt pattern that fits well with few changes.  It is a Palmer/Pletsch pattern so if you do need changes like an FBA, it comes with directions on how to do that.  I cut a size 16 neck, and graded to a size 20.  I over-estimated my size but it turns out I needed that extra room.




It turned out very thin and clingy and most unflattering on me.  But it is still pink, so it's still viable until something better comes along.  To make it more flattering, I'm wearing it with a maroon cardigan I made last winter.  I think it works well together, hides my fluff, and keeps me warm as it's usually very cold in the store.


Now that all the need-to sewing is done I can finish up that Vogue top.  It's really bothering me just sitting on the table next to me.  I usually only work one project at a time until it's finished; no UFOs that way.  So working like this is really upsetting my little apple cart.  I know lots of sewists  work on several projects at a time while others are like me and do one at a time.  Which camp are you in and why do you like to work that way?

And remember Ladies, if you haven't had your mammogram, there's no time like the present.  They do save lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder Catherine! That's a great fit on the neckline of your top and a pretty color on you too!

    ReplyDelete