I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Friday, January 8, 2016

Going Boho With McCall"s 7095

I'm finally getting around to showing you my finished Mccalls 7095. I'd been seeing these tops all over the blogosphere.  There are several of course on Pattern Review and Carolyn of Diary of a Sewing Fanatic has made several cute ones.


 I actually finished it back in October during my sewcation but never got anyone to get a picture of me in it. So I broke down and got pictures on Zelda.  First the stats.   I used an ivory peachskin from Joanns and a matching lace also from Joanns.  They've been in the stash for about 2 months waiting for this project.  I'd read this pattern ran very large, so I cut a medium for the yoke pieces.  Luckily, I had lots of lace because this was too small.  I re-cut in large and cut the bodice in large also.  This fit much better.

 
I love the lace inset on the sleeve and the bottom of the sleeve is gathered with elastic.  I was afraid the lace would have trouble holding its stiches since its so open and loose in places.  So I  stitched it with a smaller stitch length then serged the seams.  All is groovy and firmly in place. 

 
This was a really quick and easy sew.  The only real time hog being slip-stitching the collar in place.  It's super cute with jeans or leggings.  This is a pattern I can see repeating this summer in a lighter, flowier fabric.  It was that fun to sew.  Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment