I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Vogues Are Up

The new Vogues have just been released and I actually like a few time.  Enough to purchase, I mean.
Like this asymmetrical top 9169. Its a must have for me.

 
I also love this jacket on 9176.  It has a nice dress with it too but the jacket makes me swoon.
 
 
 
And 9166 is calling out to me.  I don't really care for the shirttail hem, but I like the dress and as a top it's pretty cool, too.
 
 
Those are the three I can see me wearing.  There are others that are pretty, well-designed, drool-worthy (or ugly).  Whatever.  They just don't fit me and my lifestyle.  I'm getting a better handle on what that is now and sewing for that instead of  just sewing the clothes I liked.  Several I just don't have anywhere to wear them.  I have a beautiful brocade jacket: a labor of love, gorgeous but it just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore.  It may get worn once or twice a year now; breaks my heart.  So I'm trying to be more conscious of what I pour my valuable sewing time into now.  Garments I love that will get worn frequently. What about you?  Do you sew for the life you have or do you sew for the life you wish you had?  Food for thought I guess. Hope you find some Vogues you like, too.  Happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment