I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pretty in Pink, McCall's 6606

I'm getting some things finished around here.  One of them is McCall's 6606.  This is a loose fitting blouse or tunic with shoulder yoke, collar with stand, front shoulder pleats, long sleeves with gathers and button cuff.  I made the size 16 based on the garment's finished measurements I used a  polester-charmeuse from Joann's with a very soft shirting from Let's Sew in Evansville. The stuff at Let's Sew is so nice but sew expensive. (I just love going in and drooling. I can usually get something on sale though.)  I originally wanted to do this top in a different fabric but didn't have enough to do it.  Then I remembered these two in the stash and a blouse was born!


The front placket and cuffs came out so nicely.  Even the continuous lap, which has given me fits in the past.  I guess the skill set is getting better.  I was worried that the pleats on the front would cause mega-boob but they fall nicely and gently and form a nice feature. 



I love how the back yoke turned out with the paisley nearly intact.




You can't even see the yoke seam in this photo.  It was pure happenstance, not planning I assure you.  My cutting skills are not nearly that good yet.  The blouse fits nicely both tucked in and loose with a cami underneath.  It has fast become a favorite, it feels so good on.  I can see me sewing this one again as it makes for a good basic.

Coming soon...McCall's 6601.  Happy sewing.




No comments:

Post a Comment