I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Monday, January 16, 2017

In The Sewing Room

Yay!  I'm getting a little time to sew.  Unfortunately, I need a lot of time to sew.  The project I'm currently working on is Simplicity 1254, the Leanne Marshall coat.


I just love that cowl/hood!  The pattern says its easy, but the comments on Pattern Review say the directions can be very convoluted in places. There was a Sew-along in 2015 for this pattern and there are several reviews. 

I have a lovely plum colored wool/polyester coating blend that I'm using.  It's my most expensive fabric purchase ever, even on sale!  From Fabric Mart, of course--my Achilles heel.  The lining is a pretty pink charmeuse from Fabric.com.  I decided to interline it.  I looked for Thinsulate by the yard and couldn't find any.  Decided it was probably overkill anyway and settled for the flannel that everyone else in blogland uses--from Joann's. 

Yesterday, I attached the interlining to the lining per the instructions found in Singer Sewing Reference Library book "Tailoring".  I also started thread marking my reference points on the front for the zipper, front fold and center front.  That's such tedious work but so much more effective and durable than chalk marking. 

Hopefully, I'll get in another hour or so this morning to work on it before I go into work. I'll keep you posted on progress. 

Happy sewing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment