I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Friday, May 7, 2021

I'm Back! With New Look 6632

Goodness!  It been ever so long since  I've last written.  I have been so busy with work overtime, life in general and surgery.  Back in March, I fell and tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder.  They did a surgical repair on it in April and I've been in a sling ever since. Hopefully, I'll be out of the sling soon.  I finally regained enough range of motion to start sewing again last month and have much to catch you up on.  It's amazing how much sewing one can do when you don't have to go to work!  

I made New Look 6632




This dress has an empire waist, princess seams in front and back, a jewel neck, and pockets in the front seams.  The pattern size ranges from 10-22; I made a size 22.  



I used a textured double knit from Fabric Mart.  The only change I made to the pattern was to apply self-fabric binding at the neckline instead of the bias binding the pattern called for.  This was a super easy sew.  The pattern pieces came together perfectly, the instruction were easy to follow, adnd the fabric behaved beautifully while being sewn.  


I also finished a quilt for Christmas. Unfortunately, I didn't finish it in time for Christmas, but it's ready for Christmas this year.  



"Charming Christmas" was a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.  It uses 1 charm pack (5" squares) and was so easy to put together.  I'm really happy with how it turned out; my Free Motion Quilting is improving with practice.  


Hopefully. I can come out of the sling soon and take some pictures of some of my other makes.  See ya soon and happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment