I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

New Wrap Top for Spring--New Look 6560

It's high time to do some Summer sewing.   Temperature wise, we're still having Spring but it will be Summer by the end of the week with temps in the 90s and the cicadas due out any day to begin their humming.  I had this wonderful, summery yellow floral chiffon just begging to be used.  (I got it from one of Fabric Marts recent sales.) I decided on New Look 6560.  I made view B, a cute little wrap top with a ruffled neckline, flutter sleeves and a tie belt. It's just such a feminine look.




The pattern comes in sizes 8-20; I made a size 20. I also made several changes to the pattern based on several reviews at Pattern Review.  It's short, so I added 1½ inches to the length so it would come to my hip.   I also interfaced the belt to give the chiffon a little more body and be a more effective tie.  The front yoke pieces are doubled, encasing the gathers and lending more support to shoulder area.  I didn't want facings showing thru the chiffon so I used bias binding on the neckline.  I omitted the button closure on the front, I didn't think the chiffon could support it and this way it can adjust to my weight fluctuations.  It's held in place by the tie belt quite well.  I also omitted the back darts as I wanted this to be a looser fitting top.



In the pictures, I'm wearing the top over a yellow cami and with my very wrinkled linen trousers, Simplicity 8138 from last summer.  

I'm finally out of my sling and working on improving range of motion and strength.  It's amazing how much strength and endurance I've lost these last few months.  So, I'm still off work, going to Physical Therapy and sewing like a crazy lady.  I could really get used to this stay at home stuff!  Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I like the idea of leaving out the back darts. Very pretty top!

    ReplyDelete