I love sewing--any form of needle and thread makes me happy.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

New Cross Stitch and The Floral Dress

I've been a bad girl in several ways.  First I went trolling on Ebay--always gets me in trouble.  Where I purchased this:
 
Titled Everything Stops For Tea, its a cute little sampler torn from a British magazine then sold online.  Given how much hubs and I love a hot cuppa, I thought it just too appropriate for the kitchen. Here's the progress so far, most of one section, still lacking the backstitching.
 

It's sad to say, but the Flower Box Cats have gone by the wayside for the time being for this project.  I seriously needed a break with something a little more straightforward. So it's gone for the moment but not forgotten and will be picked back up again. I hate UFOs.

In garment sewing news, I've got a new dress for the last of summer, Vogue 8382.

This pattern is now out of print but is a gem.  I made it up once before when I was a size larger and loved it.  It's easy to sew and so easy to wear.


I thought it was the perfect match for this floral print from Joann's silky collection a year or so ago. 
I love the freedom of dresses and just can't get enough of them.  This one was sewn in a size 16 with no changes. 

It has an empire waist, deep front pleats extending from the darts in front and long darts in back for shaping. 

I went with a zipper I had on hand, a 14 inch, when it called for a 22 inch.  I should have made the shopping trip, as its a little snug getting it off and on.  The bodice is lined with white Bemberg instead of self fabric as the floral would have shone through. I'm really enjoying wearing  my new dress even though I couldn't get a photo of me in it.  Zelda has filled in nicely.

Next up-- a new chiffon top. Happy stitching all

No comments:

Post a Comment